Full Swing Productions is expanding! Our plates are getting full of delicious corporate, commercial and creative film & video production, and the 3 of us are starting to get a little fat. And by “fat” we mean exhausted…
We need help!
The job title might seem a bit fluffy, but we’re a company who lives and breathes storytelling; video is just the best way to do that. So yeah, we need someone who can push the right buttons and make a technically wicked video, but what we really need is someone who can find those magical moments that tell a story. Someone who stops to ask “Why is this video getting made? Who’s the audience for this? How are we capturing their attention, eliciting emotion and generating action?”
We’re firm believers in hiring character and training skill. Coming in knowing how to cut on Premiere, Final Cut and use After Effects are going to be excellent assets, but you’ll get A LOT of practice with that stuff quickly. What we need is someone who wants to tell great stories, who can think big, who can stay chill under pressure and who isn’t afraid of a flexible schedule.
But we don’t want to lock you in an editing suite for 40-hours a week. We’d also love to get you on set with us! If you can run a camera (or are into learning), and have got a sharp eye for composition, focus and visual storytelling (did we mention storytelling?) those are all excellent assets.
It’s an entry-level position. We’re a small company with a lot of exciting stuff ahead of us and tons of opportunity for growth.
Some of the nitty gritty:
- Full-time position (40 hours/week), starting with a 3-month contract
- $17.00/hour to start
- Must be able to work from home (owning your own gear is an asset but not a requirement)
- Must have a car to get to/from shoots and run around the city for various tasks
- We generally work 8-5, but occasionally we need to shoot in the evenings or on weekends, or have next-day turnaround edits, so some flexibility is important
- Editing experience is an asset (obviously). You’ll be working in a Mac environment using Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator (experience with these is great, but we’re also willing to train the right person)
- Camera experience is an asset
- Full Swing Productions is an equal opportunity employer
Please send applications to email@example.com by Wednesday July 19th, 2017. Whatever you want to include in the application is up to you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.Share